DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Nepotism! A Warm Welcome to Our UWOL #4 Judge... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/98633-nepotism-warm-welcome-our-uwol-4-judge.html)

Meryem Ersoz July 10th, 2007 03:15 PM

Nepotism! A Warm Welcome to Our UWOL #4 Judge...

1 Attachment(s)
Our judge for UWOL #4 is one of my all-time favorite video producers! Mostly because her contribution to our joint business venture, planet E studios, unleashes me to cavort on my personal playground, the UWOL Challenge! Oh yeah, and she's super-talented!

This month, the judge and final arbiter of UWOL #4 is my business partner, DJ Zupancic. In her own words:

"DJ Zupancic has worked in the visual arts in a variety of capacities, beginning with organic farming (ok, not necessarily a visual art but highly
inspirational). With a move to New York, she began painting and art restoration and finally mind-numbing academic work in video and art history. But now free at last, she works as a freelance video producer with planet E studios nominally as creative director, functionally as doer of everything that needs to be done from researcher to editor, interviewer, camera operator, etc... She is also responsible for decorating the studio with schlock and ugly lamps."

For one of our upcoming commercial projects, DJ and I are currently working with a well-known water lawyer to produce a documentary on water policy, so I wanted her to review all of your videos anyway, for inspiration. So it is a logical time to harness her mega-talent as a judge in our modest contest.

One of her main hobbies is kayaking, so this qualifies her as well to judge the aesthetics of water. She has a bomber combat roll!

For the first time, we are uploading an accompanying picture of our judge, so that you can put a face to a name. This was DJ's idea, and I may just incorporate this suggestion into every guest judge's thread. Many of us put ourselves in our videos (gosh, who knew Geir was such a handsome fellow??), but it's nice to be able to have an image of the judge. So we know who to blame for the outcome, heh!

Please welcome her....

Kevin Railsback July 10th, 2007 03:21 PM

Funny, my film is about female attorney kayakers! :-)

Meryem Ersoz July 10th, 2007 03:23 PM

yeah, you better get out there and shoot some babes in boats, kevin! throw in the duck and the mushroom, and you've got a sure thing....

Geir Inge July 10th, 2007 04:30 PM

Welcome DJ to this UWOL- house of wonderful and enthusiastic people.
I liked your picture in the kayak, I guess you're a tough girl.
You need to be judging the uwol-movies so good luck to you :)

Mat Thompson July 10th, 2007 05:38 PM

Typical.....Kevin stole my concept !!

Welcome to uwol Dj.....you've picked a good one to judge !

Gabriel Yeager July 10th, 2007 07:56 PM

Welcome DJ!
Its nice to see one of your work mates Meryem!

Wow, now the pressure is really on! I've yet to get an idea... I guess my mind is just in another place right now.

~Gabriel

Kris Holodak July 10th, 2007 08:20 PM

I've already been shooting off the deck of my kayak. No one is going to believe it.

Grimace,
Kris

Trond Saetre July 10th, 2007 10:53 PM

Welcome DJ!

Meryem has always chosen great judges, so I know we are in good hands this time too.

Gordon Hoffman July 11th, 2007 05:22 AM

Welcome DJ. Nice to be able to put a face to a name.

Gordon Hoffman

Grant Sherman July 11th, 2007 04:16 PM

(Mini Tale of Woe) I saw a kayak today, and I didn't video it ;(

Welcome DJ.

Grant

Dale Guthormsen July 12th, 2007 03:34 PM

just great,

Now everyone will think I threw in a kayaker for judge apeal!!!

Matt. watch that Kevin he may be an inside trader!!???

Will be great to see the outcome!!

The picture is a great idea?? If she aint married she may have some proposals after this!!

Meryem Ersoz July 13th, 2007 08:58 AM

ok, i'm making a slight alteration to UWOL Challenge Rule #1:

NO MACKIN' ON THE JUDGES! sheesh!!

no matter how darling or handsome. this means you, dale!

...and i'm finding all the kayaking anxiety quite hilarious...

you know what? remarkably, she also drinks glasses of water, too! better get out there and start shooting your kitchen sinks....

note to chris: DJ's account needs activated, so that she can join in the melee....

Gabriel Yeager July 13th, 2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 711503)
you know what? remarkably, she also drinks glasses of water, too! better get out there and start shooting your kitchen sinks....

Ha, finally, something I can do! :)

Funny stuff you guys'.
~Gabriel

Brian McKay July 13th, 2007 11:03 AM

Gabriel I'm only giving this to you because I have my movie already started. Here it is:

Print the picture of DJ...make a paper Kayak....place DJ in the kayak....fill the bath tub with water....tape for a while....pull the plug...presto DJ kayaking in a whirlpool.

Damn where do these great ideas come from...must be all those years spent in grade 4.

Brian

Gabriel Yeager July 13th, 2007 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McKay (Post 711579)
Gabriel I'm only giving this to you because I have my movie already started. Here it is:

Print the picture of DJ...make a paper Kayak....place DJ in the kayak....fill the bath tub with water....tape for a while....pull the plug...presto DJ kayaking in a whirlpool.

Damn where do these great ideas come from...must be all those years spent in grade 4.

Brian

haha, good one Brian. ;)

Sorry to get off topic guys!
~Gabriel