Advice re: Sony LMD 9020/30/50 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old February 6th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Advice re: Sony LMD 9020/30/50

I've had my eye on a Sony LMD9020 for some time now. They're small, portable, run on batteries so I don't always need to have a power source, have two line ins and have on-screen markers and is stable enough to sit by itself rather than on a stand etc.

Given the only difference between the 9020 and the 9030 is the 30 has SDI capability which I wouldn't need, I am inclined to go the 9020. The 9050 is too pricey for the higher res. I have a HD camera though am mainly shooting SD for the moment (the 9020 can accept analogue HD signals).

Has any one had any experience using the 9020/30?
More importantly (and this relates to all of the models 9020/30/50) is any one using them powered by battery? What is that batteryt life like?
And one last one, have I narrowed my search down without considering others models - perhaps some you might recommend based on my needs above.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Andrew - We use a 9050 and are very pleased with it - we use IDX Endura 7s batteries with it, and off the top of my head I think we have been getting 3 hours or more out of a fully charged battery.

We have attached a neck strap so at times it can be worn around the neck, we also made a deep hood for it, as outside, viewing the monitor screen can be a problem with flare.

It's not light, so any attachment to a crane, dolly, tripod set up needs to be good. - great little monitors.... we chose this over the Marshall monitors although they are really nice too!

Regards: Stu
www.studioscotland.com
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software