1080p hdtv Monitoring via final cut pro - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 14th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Mike, I have the same Samsung and it is awesome. Colors are good right out of the box in my case. And to top it off is 1080p.
Old June 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jensen View Post
Daniel,

You may also consider a black magic card and an off-the- shelf HDTV, such as the Vizio suggested above. I took my HV20 to Circuit City recently and found all of the LCD computer monitors (with HDMI in) looked horrible showing HD. The only HDTV I was satisfied with was the new Samsung 32" 1080p set-around $899 on sale. Colors looked great- very sharp.

Mike Jensen
Jensen Wedding Films
www.jensenvideo.com

Wow, I took my DVD player to circuit city to hook it up, the manager told me to go jump in the lake. Ok, he just told me an emphatic 'no.' To which I went across the street to Best Buy and bought my TV, since they had already plugged my DVD player up to a TV I was interested in.

As for this thread, I'm also wondering about using a TV for mainly editing. I have a monitor for color correction. I'm wondering how big would be too big for doing editing. I have a 2 year old Matrox card, 128 par, and will plug my Samsung 32 inch to see how that looks. I already know, that I'll have to change my desktop settings to something that matches the widescreen ratio.
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:30 PM   #18
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Mike Jensen;876706]Daniel,

"You may also consider a black magic card and an off-the- shelf HDTV, such as the Vizio suggested above. I took my HV20 to Circuit City recently and found all of the LCD computer monitors (with HDMI in) looked horrible showing HD. The only HDTV I was satisfied with was the new Samsung 32" 1080p set-around $899 on sale. Colors looked great- very sharp."

Is there any benefit to using the black magic card out to a hd lcd tv as opposed to my video card hdmi out? I was considering the 19" samsung for "low budget" color correcting but it's only 720p. Will this be problem?
Anthony Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software