Matrox MXO or Blackmagic Intensity Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old July 9th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Matrox MXO or Blackmagic Intensity Pro?

I just bought the Dell 2408 monitor, which I like thus far, and am looking to use it as both a second computer monitor and also an NTSC preview monitor in conjunction with FCP. Playing via S-video on my DSR-11 looks positively terrible- so what's the best solution? Intensity Pro? Matrox?
Christoph Gelfand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM   #2
DVCreators.Net

Are you just shooting DV? I opened an old DV project in FCP with Black Magic Intensity as the option for View External monitor. Over HDMI with SD footage, it scales to full frame and does not look very good. You're probably best off just to keep using your DSR-11 and to buy an Sony 14" PVM series broadcast monitor if you plan to keep shoot and working with SD. If you're going to HD, then by all means get the Intensity. Here's a little vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EytBy1kgFe4
Old August 14th, 2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Wouldn't the Firewire output of the DSR-11 look better? How is the upscaling on the Intensity Pro? There's a Black Magic Intensity Pro up on eBay bidding for $1.

Last edited by Gints Klimanis; August 15th, 2008 at 02:26 AM.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #4
Major Player

Buy an SD CRT monitor.

-A
Andrew Kimery is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software