HDV via HDMI to WUXGA monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old August 13th, 2008, 05:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HDV via HDMI to WUXGA monitor

Sorry newb question here: can I view 1080i on a WUXGA monitor with HDMI if plugged directly to an HDV camera with HDMI output (HV20). Tried recently with an HP 2408h monitor at the store, but could only get a 480i signal (albeit NTSC camera to European monitor). I would like to view direct from camera footage in 1080i, but use as a secondary monitor as well (editing on laptop). Full 1080p monitors are still too large and expensive here in Norway (minimum 40 inch), and my laptop (M590k/MaLX) doesn't have the horsepower to process 1080i. Any suggestions given budget of 500 circa usd (about 700 in Norway given GST/VAT 25% + shipping)?

Cheers - btw tall ships' race left here recently, will post (SLOWLY) edited footage in vimeo - if I can get network rendering in Vegas to work (3 obsolete 'puters)..It's in Boston and Canada in a few years, don't miss it...80+ tall ships including most of the world's largest...great videography opportunity!

Arne - Bergen, Norway
Arne Pursell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software