Advice on JVC Monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 4th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #1
New Boot

Advice on JVC Monitor

I'm in the process of upgrading various bits of kit and have been looking at this JVC 15'' monitor TM-HI50CG. I'm only doing SD no HD with the Canon xl2 FCE HD,iMac 2GHz Intel Core Duo
I presume this monitor will be ok, I know I will also need some form of AD conversion so I'm also looking at the Canopus ADVC110.
The JVC monitor has a slot for an extra SDI slot/ I'm not sure about this or its use/ do I need it.
If I were to use the JVC how would I then monitor the audio?, through the speaker in the iMac.

Any thoughts and opinions on this or better would be appreciated.

Thanks
Steve
Steve Shirvington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:00 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Went looking for the monitor in question and came up with no results in Google. Do you have the model number correct?
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #3
New Boot

JVC Monitor

Heres where I found it, JVC Video Output Monitors including the JVC DT-V100CG 10" High Definition Monitor, the DT-V17L3D 17" LCD Portable HD Monitor and the DT-V9L1D 9" LCD Portable HD Monitor
Hope this helps

Thanks
steve
Old November 4th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Major Player

I have that same monitor and have found it to be very reliable and color accurate with a little calibration. I also use the ADS Pyro converter and have found it to be a lower cost alternative to the canopus. As far as the audio goes, you will need to run an audio cable from the converter to your speakers. This will ensure you audio and video matches.
Brian Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Tori View Post
I have that same monitor and have found it to be very reliable and color accurate with a little calibration. I also use the ADS Pyro converter and have found it to be a lower cost alternative to the canopus. As far as the audio goes, you will need to run an audio cable from the converter to your speakers. This will ensure you audio and video matches.
Thanks for the advice Brian
Old November 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Also, be aware that the CRT only resolves 230 TV lines in HD 16:9 mode, according to the Spec Sheet on the link you posted.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software