HD monitor - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old December 17th, 2008, 04:19 PM   #31
Major Player

The Matrox looks like a nice card - but a little more expensive than I have to spend right now - plus there's no guarantee it will "play nice" with my quadro card...
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 12:27 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bobson View Post
Ed wrote: (I can't currently get ANY analog video signal out from Intensity Pro either, but that's another story...)

I'm leaning toward the Infinity card, even if i have to hook up the HDTV via component.

Can you tell me why your analog signal's not working? something I might encounter, too?
No idea yet. Been meaning to test it on another machine for weeks now. I have an RMA pending with Black Magic.
Ed Hecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008, 12:29 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Bobson View Post
The Matrox looks like a nice card - but a little more expensive than I have to spend right now - plus there's no guarantee it will "play nice" with my quadro card...
Ditto on this. This is a home/hobbyist setup and the Matrox is way out of budget. (Though my hardware guy at work, a former Avid editor-turned hardware evangelist), says run, don't walk, from Matrox products...)
Ed Hecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 07:55 AM   #34
Major Player

Do I really need an I/O Card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
all I can say is that my Quadro FX1700, paired with an nVidia Geforce 7800GT gives excellent results with an 720 HDTV monitor.
I'm looking at a new Mac Pro and want to run two lcd monitors plus my Vizio 1080p plasma lcd simultaneously. I'm cutting XDCAM HD footage and will be doing green screen compositing at times. The few people I've asked have said I must get a BM Intensity Pro or Kona LHe or Matrox MXO or some equivalent i/o capture card in order to run the video to the plasma, but I don't understand why I can't just add another video card alongside the upgraded ATI Radeon HD 4870 card that's offered with the new mac. I'll be adding a Sonnet e4p card, but that should still leave me enuf space, no? For that matter, couldn't I even use the S-Video out on the Radeon to component?

I know it's not a broadcast quality color space, but I'm not so concerned about that. I've got an old Sony NTSC monitor that maybe I could hook up to it to give me good color when it's time to do color correction, albeit in SD.

The Vizio currently gives an excellent HD picture out of my MBP using a dvi/hdmi dongle, but because of the limited number of slots I have to change it out each time I want to go back to the desktop monitors.

The difference between an Lhe with breakout box and a decent vid card is over $1500.

Does it have more to do with computer processing than graphics processing? What am I missing?
Mike Chandler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software