Dual displays for FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old February 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Dual displays for FCP

Man do I feel late to the party and almost embarassed to ask. I need new 2 dispalys for an editing workstation. This is for a Mac Pro. I plan to use a Black Magic Intensity Pro to use the second display as a color correction monitor. I really want to use Dual 23" Apple Cinema Displays. However, they are no longer available. I'm trying to stay under $1500 preferrable under $1000. Of course, this is an investment so I don't want bargain basement displays. What do you all suggest?

Thanks
Thomas Barclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Take a peek at this thread.
Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP Monitor - Mini Review - The Digital Video Information Network
Old February 19th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

String of good luck

I was picking up some audio cables at a local music store. I mention my woes about trying to find a monitor and the owner mention he had a 23" Apple display new in the box available to sell with full waranty. The best part, I got it for $500 bucks! I'd love to see the Dell beat that in price.
Thomas Barclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2009, 11:39 PM   #4
Major Player

Yeah, I use the 23"  cinema displays on my mac pro as well, I am really freaking pissed that they are no longer available due to the fact that apple is throwing all the pro displays out and going to fricking glass screens ---- arrrrrgh!!

anyhow, keep your eye out. i HOPE they will be back in the refurbished store, but i think the demand is still so high for them it will be a challenge to catch them there. everyone seems to be fresh out - so your best bet, at least for the  displays is to keep your eyes open like Thomas did.

I don't like any monitors except for Apple, so I can't recommend another brand off the top of my head.

Best of luck!
Trevor Meeks is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software