Manhattan LCD for 5DMKII? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 1st, 2009, 09:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Manhattan LCD for 5DMKII?

I was interested in getting one of those Manhattan LCD's for my Mark II... they have two on their page listed as an HD089A and HD089B... the A one is $499 and out of stock, the B one is $599 and in stock, does anyone have any idea what the difference between the two monitors are? They appear identical aside from the price difference.
Dana Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:23 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Rice View Post
I was interested in getting one of those Manhattan LCD's for my Mark II... they have two on their page listed as an HD089A and HD089B... the A one is $499 and out of stock, the B one is $599 and in stock, does anyone have any idea what the difference between the two monitors are? They appear identical aside from the price difference.
From what I remember they were talking about a new controller for the "B" version and 1 to 1 pixel mapping. I have the "A" version and if the "B" is better than this, it must be awesome. I love mine. Works great and not heavy at all and easy to mount.
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana Rice View Post
yes. A = MST Controller and B = PW Controller. Both are fine an the images will otherwise be identical.

TIP: The 'A' /MST version is actually easier to color calibrate due to the fact that the OSD UI of the 'B'/PW version, makes it very difficult to actually see useful parts of a chart behind it (menu fills the whole screen) . Whereas the MST (Hidden) Menu sits politely in the top left hand corner of the screen, allowing you to view a chart in nearly full screen!

Oddly, I also only get full signal image via MST controllers. Not sure why that is when 1:1 and FIT are supposed to show me the whole image.

I'd post screen grabs but my account doesn't allow it.
M. Paul El-Darwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 08:57 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Manhattan LCD HD 089A

This is great for DOF/35mm adapters and previewing HDMI signals from the Canon 5D MKII as well as any camera with an HDMI or Component out. I'm selling a mint condition one now.
M. Paul El-Darwish is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software