This week's best little monitor... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 25th, 2009, 07:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

This week's best little monitor...

Hey guys, I just bought a Black Magic Intensity Pro card for my MacPro, and I was wondering what kind of monitors for color correction and output you were all using...

Currently, I have an older 20" Dell monitor (I'm too cheap for the Mac monitors) and was wondering if the current Samsung, Sony, or other consumer grade LCD TVs are good enough to check your work on.

And I expect to shell out up to $500 for a monitor... if it's good enough.
Or should I just skip it, save up, and get a small 7" Marshall or Manhattan that has HDMI for dual use?

Just wondering what has been working for you.
The reason that I am asking is that I have been kicking around Best Buy at the 'little monitor section' and been thinking, "man, the contrast on this generation stinks!"
Alex Lucas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software