DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The View: Video Display Hardware and Software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/)
-   -   When is SmallHD Coming to Market? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/152382-when-smallhd-coming-market.html)

Greg Clark April 2nd, 2009 07:21 AM

When is SmallHD Coming to Market?

I desperately need 2 field monitors and their monitor sounds excellent. Anyone got any inside information as to how long we must wait?

Paul Mailath April 2nd, 2009 06:22 PM

Get in line.. (I hope you bought a chair)

I'm about past waiting, I hope it's not vaporware but it's been a long time coming - think I'll go the Manhattan.

Greg Clark April 2nd, 2009 06:25 PM

I agree with you that the Manhattan is probably the way to go. Who knows SmallHD may not ship for a year or never.

Michael Ojjeh April 2nd, 2009 06:57 PM

It has been a long wait, I need one within three weeks for a fashion show shoot, can't wait any longer !!!!!!

Buba Kastorski April 3rd, 2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Clark (Post 1042610)
When is SmallHD Coming to Market?

I'm afraid never, i really like the picture, but I need a real thing;
probably will go with ikan

Justin Carlson April 3rd, 2009 01:25 PM

I'm in the same boat, and can't wait any longer.
I'm going with a 7" Marshall next week.

Greg Clark April 3rd, 2009 03:56 PM

I guess I'm not the only one in this predicament

Marshall only 800 x 480. I guess I will wait for the Manhattan HD089C. The minute we order the SmallHD alternative they will come to market. Too bad SmallHD wouldn't at least keep us informed as to product delivery. They have our email address.

Michael Ojjeh April 4th, 2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Clark (Post 1047598)
Marshall only 800 x 480. I guess I will wait for the Manhattan HD089C. The minute we order the SmallHD alternative they will come to market. Too bad SmallHD wouldn't at least keep us informed as to product delivery. They have our email address.

The Manhattan HD089C is 1280x768 with 1:1 pixel mapping, RGB adjustment in menu $799-999
I think that is a lot more money then the SmallHD if it will ever come out :)

Greg Clark April 5th, 2009 07:04 AM

What choice is there to buy now?

It is obvious that many of us are in the same dilemma.
I would like to purchase a monitor that has resolution higher than 800x480 with Component and HDMI plugs.
I know that many don't mind hooking up their portable DVD players with the low resolution and limited movement in run and gun.
There has to be an alternative.
Possibly this elusive monitor will show up at NAB 09 if we can wait that long.

Heath Vinyard April 6th, 2009 01:26 PM

I was also waiting for this monitor but went with the Mahattan because I couldn't wait any longer. It's a great monitor and no regrets.

John Peterson April 6th, 2009 07:19 PM

I think I asked myself whether or not they will be around afterwards if and when they ever import this LCD they have been saying is "coming soon". It seems like an inordinate amount of time so I wonder about the longevity of the company and the warranty if there is a problem.

John

Paul Mailath April 7th, 2009 01:08 AM

I was going to write to them and say "you guys need to keep people informed of your progress, give us something to wait for, but then if they don't have any good news maybe it's better to say nothing at all - pity.

Greg Clark April 7th, 2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Mailath (Post 1061608)
I was going to write to them and say "you guys need to keep people informed of your progress, give us something to wait for, but then if they don't have any good news maybe it's better to say nothing at all - pity.

You are right Paul it would be nice to be able to write to SmallHD. But you can't! All you can do is leave your email address.

I'm starting to agree with other posts that a company that doesn't keep its potential customers informed is not worth dealing with.

Michael Ojjeh April 7th, 2009 08:06 AM

I want to know if SmallHD monitor compatible with NTSC & PAL, I am trying to compare that with the new Manhattanlcd HD089c, I email Manhattanlcd to get some info on the new monitor and here are some info I got from them:

The HD089C production models will be $899. The Prototype are $699, they have the wrong software on them but all the functionally is still there.
The HD089C is 720p native (1280x768), 500:1 contrast, 250 nits, 179 degree view angle
And it is NTSC & PAL Compatible so I don't have to buy two monitor for my H1 which I shoot both format.

John Peterson April 8th, 2009 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh (Post 1062477)
And it is NTSC & PAL Compatible so I don't have to buy two monitor for my H1 which I shoot both format.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all LCD displays can handle either NTSC or PAL. It is when they have a tuner that the problems arise.

John