Should my monitor be green at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 10th, 2002, 09:51 AM   #1
Wrangler

Should my monitor be green

I have just recently brught a 5.7" TFT LCD monitor from NTrac (www.ntrac.co.uk), based in the UK, the monitor seems fine apart from when I turn the colour down to black and white its almost as though there is a daul green cast over the picture. Is this natural, or is there something wrong?

Has any one heard of an SLA battery, I brought one with the monitor, its massive. Any thoughts would help (what does it stand for).

Please help,

Ed Smith
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2002, 02:32 PM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Ed,
My Varizoom lcd has a very slight tint to it but nothing remarkable. The tint seems to vary depending on the ambient lighting. Perhaps there's some sort of anti-glare coating on your screen? "Doh" question: did your monitor come with a protective film over the screen and, if so, have you removed it? OK, just had to ask.

Don't know about the battery. The Varizoom came with a big honkin' NiCad that looks like it could jump-start a Hummer and is heavy enough to use as a wind weight.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2002, 09:51 AM   #3
Wrangler

Cheers Ken, from what you have said I think its natural, (You've put my heart at rest!!!) And yes Ken, I took the protective film off as soon as I took it out of the box.

I had never heard of an SLA battery before I bought my monitor, I got a feeling that its got something to do with Lead Acid, but have no idea what the 'S' stands for.

Cheers for your help, any one else know anything about it?

All the best,

Ed Smith
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2002, 09:21 AM   #4
New Boot

"S" stands for "Sealed" as opposed to unsealed like what is used in a car or motorcycle. The sealed types usually use a gel for electrolyte whereas the "Unsealed" batteries have a liquid that is usually distilled water with some other additives.

SLA = Sealed Lead Acid

BDOG
Ben Stineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2002, 11:05 AM   #5
Wrangler

Cheers BDOG, you solved one of my unsolved mystery’s.

Thanks,

Ed
Ed Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software