compact high resolution monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 12th, 2004, 12:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

compact high resolution monitor

I'll be assuming the roles of director, DP, and camera operator for an upcoming short, so using a field monitor won't be an option.

Is there any kind of compact high resolution monitor that could be attached to the 100A (or rig--I'm using a DvRig Pro) that would enable me to monitor the colors and focus?
Deniz Turkmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:08 PM   #2
Major Player

I am actually in a similar situation, and am using the DvRig pro. I have actually been looking into getting one of the 7in portable dvd players. What you want to look for is an Anamorphic screen (if you are shooting anamorphic) and video inputs. I have seen the 7in by Poloriod for around $200 and it has video in. I have also looked at another brand (can't remember off the top of my head) that has a similar 7in screen and video in. As for hooking it up to the Dvrig pro, I'm sure there is a way, as it could probably sit right next to the left side of the DVX onthe excess track that is available if you slide the camera all the way to the right. I haven't figured out yet what I am going to do, but if anyone has any good ideas, I'd be up for testing them out.
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Will a portable DVD player be accurate enough to judge color and focus?
Deniz Turkmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:12 PM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Nebtek has the best variety of excellent LCD monitors available. Many can also be powered from a camera battery. Check them out.

I use the Panasonic 7" LCD. It's probably the best of its genre, although a bit $$.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software