Need specs on mystery field monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 8th, 2004, 01:35 PM   #1
Major Player

Need specs on mystery field monitor

I just bought this monitor on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3849110669&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

The seller has no more info than he put in the auction copy. I put in a call to Sharp USA, who will "get back to me." A Google search of various name-permutes yields almost nothing.

Anybody have one of these, ever use one, know anything about it? Can you confirm any of the seller's rough description of its specs? to wit:

"This 9" production monitor features front controls for easy setup, external battery power source for mobile operation, degauss cirquit, tally plug. Accepts Composite and genlock. Pulse cross, underscan, 16:9, top handle for easy carying, metal cabinet."

(I'm most concerned about the battery feature.)

If no one who reads this has any specific knowledge of the XM-900, can you point me to someone who might? I'm in LA & assume there are monitor-gurus around who might know the model or even be able to scare up an old user's manual.

Thanks in advance for any info--

JS
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2004, 05:08 PM   #2
Major Player

Just took delivery on this monitor. There's no battery bay, but all the other features appear as advertised.

Again, if anyone has any knowledge about this model, Sharp XM-900, I'd be grateful if they'd post it in this thread.

FWIW, Sharp says the XM-900 "last sale date" was in 1990.

JS
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2004, 11:39 PM   #3
Major Player

(Bump)

I've discovered the Sharp XM-900 is a twin of the JVC TM-9RU or possibly TM-R9U.

(I found a general description of the TM-R9U's features at JVC's pro archive, but no details on technical specs.)

They look identical, so may have been made by a third party & badged for JVC and Sharp, or some other permute.

JVC has yet to get back to me ... anybody know anything about these monitors? Any printed material--esp. instruction manuals or spec sheets--would be greatly appreciated.

JS
John Sandel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software