How to setup a Secondary tv as a monitor for Preview in good color. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old December 10th, 2004, 11:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How to setup a Secondary tv as a monitor for Preview in good color.

I heard you could set up a tv as a second preview source and it would show you what your project would look like once played on a dvd or vhs. I use vegas 5.0. what is a good way to set this up? i am not a lotery winner. I have a g force 4 64 meg video card now.
Chris Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2004, 12:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Hook up your TV to your camcorder. Set the TV to accept the right input, and your camcorder to convert DV --> A/V out (NOT the other way around). Connect your camcorder to computer via firewire/IEE1394.

In Vegas, click on the TV icon under video preview. This will play back video to your camcorder, which will convert DV --> analog which goes to your TV..

When connecting your camcorder to your TV, you *may* wish to use a composite connection (i.e. the yellow jack on the triple RCAs) instead of S-video. The composite connection degrades resolution and adds chroma crawl- most people's systems will get this.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Location: Bristol UK normally on Overseas Assignment tho' (currently Bangladesh)
Hi Glen
>...When connecting your camcorder to your TV, you *may* wish to use a composite connection (i.e. the yellow jack on the triple RCAs) instead of S-video. The composite connection degrades resolution and adds chroma crawl- most people's systems will get this...<

This is most useful thanks, I didn't relize this and have been connecting via Svideo thinking I would get the better deal!!!! Oh woh is me! We learn everyday... Thanks gonna give this a try.
Nig

ps theres a thread on this at
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36333

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software