DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The View: Video Display Hardware and Software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/)
-   -   Has anyone used a Lilliput TV? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/39678-has-anyone-used-lilliput-tv.html)

Matt Pope February 17th, 2005 02:27 PM

Has anyone used a Lilliput TV?

I've seen alot of people talk about using the Lilliput 7" LCD monitors. What I'm planning on doing is using a UHF sender to provide a portable wireless tap solution. I've got the sender and it works fine, but I'm still trying to find the TV.

I'm planning on getting one of the Lilliputs because that's the only real combination of price/size that works for me - I'm getting one of the 8" ones though. Has anyone actually used one of these?

They have an 8" widescreen which is 300,000ish pixels, but now they have a new 8" 4:3 that's supposedly 900,000ish pixels. I talked to someone at the manufacturer who told me that it's definitely a better picture quality, but does anyone else know anything about this that could confirm?

Thanks!

Carlos E. Martinez February 17th, 2005 05:47 PM

Re: Has anyone used a Lilliput TV?

<<<-- Originally posted by Matt Pope : I've seen alot of people talk about using the Lilliput 7" LCD monitors. What I'm planning on doing is using a UHF sender to provide a portable wireless tap solution. I've got the sender and it works fine, but I'm still trying to find the TV.

I'm planning on getting one of the Lilliputs because that's the only real combination of price/size that works for me - I'm getting one of the 8" ones though. Has anyone actually used one of these?

They have an 8" widescreen which is 300,000ish pixels, but now they have a new 8" 4:3 that's supposedly 900,000ish pixels. I talked to someone at the manufacturer who told me that it's definitely a better picture quality, but does anyone else know anything about this that could confirm?
-->>>

Be careful because the Lilliput with TV tuner is not high resolution. Only the one they call monitor is:619GL-70NP/t .

Also try the TVone line that is sold by B&H, which also has TV tuner. In my case I intend to try their 10" model and compare it at B&H with the high resolution types, both coupled to a Sony PDX10.

One thing you have to look for is how those non-pro models, like the Lilliput and Xenarc, deal with 4:3 images fed into them.

Carlos

Matt Pope February 17th, 2005 08:34 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. I know the resolution isn't superb, but a "monitor" is not an option for me. The ability to receive wireless uhf transmission is much more important than highest resolution. Not that I don't want it to be sharp, but this is for Director's tap, not cam op's viewfinding.

Also, the 8" tv I'm getting "says" it is 16:9/4:3 switchable. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean it pillar boxes it, but it sure makes it sound like it does more than just stretch it.

Patrick Jenkins February 18th, 2005 10:43 AM

I use them and they're great. Like Carlos said though, beware of the resolution. There are actually a few different models of the 7" (lower res, a 1+megapixel res, a touchscreen, etc) and you want the higher resolution model. I don't know about the policies linking to ebay so I won't link, but basically you will want the 7" model that has 1,152,000 pixels, not the 300,000 pixel model. There's a corresponding price difference as well.

Both will work perfectly well (make a DIY hood if you're going to use them outside), but I wouldn't trust focus using the lower pixel count LCD.

Bruce S. Yarock May 24th, 2005 04:35 AM

Mark-
I'm looking at the nebtek 7" that you mentioned( adapted Panny).My main question is will this help with focus issues?
Thanks
Bruce yarock

Bill Ball May 25th, 2005 07:29 AM

I have been looking at the various LCD monitors on ebay for awhile. I am wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for battery power for one of these units. I know they are set up to run of a car's 12v tap. Is there an alternative out there to using the 12v belt packs on the market for lights? -- I mean something that can be clipped onto the back of the monitor or easily built into a box to house both.

John Sandel May 25th, 2005 10:02 AM

Dunno about belt-rigs, Bill, but have a look at this Delvcam thing:

http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-34555913...delv-bpca.html

Markertek and B&H had these up at their sites (but the pages have moved or disappeared). There are versions of this available for Sony, Panasonic, JVC & Anton Bauer. I haven't used one, though.