Barco CRT Monitor - CID421 'the calibrator line' ??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old October 5th, 2009, 06:39 AM   #1
Major Player

Barco CRT Monitor - CID421 'the calibrator line' ???

Hello,

I'm moving from a PC laptop to a more fixed MacPro/Monitor desk based setup for editing.

I saw an ad for this old Barco monitor for 150euros, I was thinking it could be in combination with a cheap big flatscreen (30 inch?) monitor for everyday editing and the barco for colour correction..?

I dont know anything about it though, it looks very old, would a CRT monitor from so long ago (i guess 10 years old now from looking on barcos website) be a bad idea? The seller says its working perfectly.. It seems to come with callibration software but dont know is there any way this would even be compatible with the latest Mac OS..

Any thoughts or experience??

Thanks!
Manus Sweeney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software