Trying to find good (cheap) 7" lcd screens at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old October 13th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Trying to find good (cheap) 7" lcd screens

I've been all over ebay, google, etc. looking for simple, 7" LCD tvs to act as camera monitors for our Canon XL1a's and switcher.

I've had my eye on the dual screen DVD screens that have a separate DVD player/controller -- some have direct video inputs which would work just fine.

HOWEVER --

As cheap as some of them can be, I've read reviews on a LOT of sites and it goes from one extreme to the other. My church budget is too tight to get proven, reliable tech -- and it's also too tight to *try* something to see if it works. So yeah, I'm skeered! :-)

Anybody here have success using inexpensive mini-lcd tvs?

Our camera guy already uses an old 13" CRT, but the mobile one can't haul it up and down the aisles. A lightweight LCD would fit the bill perfectly. An inexpensive one, that is.
Ted Bragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #2
Major Player

I just bought one of these. 9" however. I run it off the bnc connection on my xha1.

Walmart.com: Sony DVPFX930/P Portable DVD Player, Pink: DVD & Blu-ray Players
Michael Hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Yeah, this has been covered pretty exhaustively here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sdtv-hdt...ion-200-a.html

Sony Online Outlet has them for $120 or less. Or at least they did recently. I bought four.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software