Computer monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old October 27th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Computer monitor

I am looking to get a new one and I am trying to keep it on the lower cost side. I found one at Best buy that I really like, but I don't like Best Buy... go figure... Anyway...

What do you think about the company Hannspree? I am impressed with the stats of the monitor, HD 1920x1080, 15,000:1 contrast, 23" all for $200. Good deal?
Old October 27th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #2
Trustee

I know nothing of the brand save that they've been around a while.

Monitors can vary widely in quality. Try a side-by-side comparison with one you know you like and see how it fares. Also, search for some reliability ratings for the brand. There's nothing as bad as a product that packs up the day after the warranty expires.

You can always get it. Try it and if you don't like it, take it back.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well it looks great but so did our White-Westinghouse TV just before it died in month 13.... The whole thing went to hell in a handbasket... Fast.

So, I just don't like risking it. I know its only $200, but its still money that I would rather not waste on something bad. It just seems too good to be true...
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Go for a Samsung instead. If you are a Costco member, they have a few in the 22-24" category, right in/around your pricerange.

I have a 22" here at work and it's super awesome; pinpoint sharp, good contrast (actually too good, I turned it way down) never had a problem - running for over 3 years now, about 9 hours a day each Monday to Friday. True, this one is 1680x1050 only...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software