Has anyone tried one of these monitors ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 9th, 2009, 01:50 PM   #1
Trustee

Has anyone tried one of these monitors ?

Like the title says, has anyone tried one of these monitors ?

HIGH QUALITY TFT LCD COLOUR MONITORS

If so what are your impressions ?
I'm thinking of getting it as a 2nd monitor for my camera, not neccesarily for focus just for framing and stopping directors crowding round my camera monitor.

Paul.
Old November 9th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Dont know anything about that particular monitor. However, with 234 vertical rez, it looks just like any other low end car-monitor. Too low rez for any focus duties, but fine for rough framing. Unlikely the colors would be very true and it may or may not have adjustable overscan to let you see the true edges of the image.

My biggest beef with monitors like this is that the video input is a dangling wire octopus hanging off the back of the screen. I cant tell from the pictures if thats the case with the hague, but i find the wire octopi to be really unwieldy and rather sloppy looking too. (again, may not apply here).

cheers,
-a
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software