I need a inexpensive solution for color correction at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 19th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #1
Major Player

I need a inexpensive solution for color correction

I'm shopping for a inexpensive monitor for color correction with magic bullet looks in post production. (My NLE is Vegas Pro 9)
Currently I'm using my Dell 2408WFP monitor for grading. Guy Cochran suggested that I use my Marshall V-LCD70P-HDA 7″ LCD Monitor for color correction along with the AJA IO Express but the AJA is over my budget. Any suggested?

thanks
Old November 19th, 2009, 03:55 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajito Nagib View Post
I'm shopping for a inexpensive monitor for color correction with magic bullet looks in post production. (My NLE is Vegas Pro 9)
Currently I'm using my Dell 2408WFP monitor for grading. Guy Cochran suggested that I use my Marshall V-LCD70P-HDA 7″ LCD Monitor for color correction along with the AJA IO Express but the AJA is over my budget. Any suggested?

thanks
I don't know much about CC solution but there is a widespread and wrong belief that Spyders are a cheap way to get color accuracy. Reliable sources say this is a misconception.

Is there a way your Marshall can be used with your camera as a pass-thru?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Kajito,
check the NEC spectraview 2690 together with an EYE1 pro calibrator. I used it for several productions including cinema transfers with a very good result.
Martin Chab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The Eye1 looks like a Spyder, they've been roundly dismissed as reliable tools for proper color accuracy.
Old November 20th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I really dont care what people says about it. What can i tell you is that past year i made a series of very extreme color corrections for cinema transfer and we work together with Nordisk Film Lab (perhaps one of the biggest and more reputed labs and postproduction houses in the whole europe) and we could match perfectly my cheap NEC Spectraview monitor with the diverse emulsions. I mean, the projected 35mm films looked the same as my monitor.
That is enough for me.
Martin Chab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Here's a thread discussing the pitfalls of using spyders.
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sdtv-hdt...orgrading.html
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:58 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I continued my post on the other discussion. Please look there.
Martin Chab is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software