I think this is a stupid question... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 16th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

I think this is a stupid question...

Hi, I think I already know the answer to this question but I'm going to ask anyway....
I have the ikan V3800 3.8" TFT LCD Monitor (ikancorp.com: Small LCD Monitors, Teleprompter, Fluorescent Video Lights, & more). I used it for my GL2 and it worked perfectly for what I needed. Now, I am about to buy a Nx5u camera, which is 1080p hd and i'm wondering if there is any point of using this monitor. The nx5u's oncamera lcd is supposed to be amazing, so I'm assuming this $100 v3800 will serve no use, other then a $100 paperweight.
Nick Popa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #2
Trustee

Will you ever use your new camera on a dolly, a small jib-arm or a stabilizer? If so it can be important to have an external monitor.
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 01:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

yeah that is a good point, but now that I think about that, I don't even know if its possible. the monitor has a composit input (red, yellow, white) and the nx5u only has the hd outputs (hdmi, and the hd out composite)
Nick Popa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #4
Regular Crew

yeah that is a good point, but now that I think about that, I don't even know if its possible. the monitor has a composit input (red, yellow, white) and the nx5u only has the hd outputs (hdmi, and the hd out composite)
Nick Popa is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software