Will 3M MPRO150 projector play back Canon 5d Mark II files? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 19th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Will 3M MPRO150 projector play back Canon 5d Mark II files?

Doing something for work this weekend that requires us to shoot some video then project it soon after. Portability is pretty key, and not tethering a camera to the projector would be a plus, so we were considering shooting with a 5d and transferring the files to this device:

3M MPro150 Pocket Projector. The Ultimate Pocket Projector.

However, before I purchase it, I need to know 100% that it will actually play the files. Some reviews imply it will only play files with an .avi or .mp4 extension (5d does .mov afaik); other sites say "h.264 and AVC," which would qualify. So I'm a little confused.

Unfortunately I won't have time to test it (I'm not the photographer, won't see him until the shoot). So, does anybody have any first hand experience with this? If not, does anyone have a link to a 640x480 (VGA) Quicktime straight from the 5D that I can use to test? Much appreciated.

Hal
Hal Snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Did a little more research and came to the logical conclusion that I'll need to bring along a laptop and re-compress anyway. With the included 3gb of storage, we'd only get 18 minutes of 640x480 video on the device. However, I'll test the full-size files and report my findings in case there of use to anyone here.
Hal Snook is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software