Should I buy this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old August 21st, 2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Major Player

Should I buy this?

Hi!

A local shop is offering the S-1048H monitor for 460€. I know nothing about this monitor. Should I consider buying this? I would be using it in conjunction with HPX171. Oh yes, and I shoot only HD.

Here's the link to the official site: S-1048H 4.8-inch HD-SDI/Composite LCD Monitor

Thanks!
Lp
S
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 03:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Anybody? I really haven't been able to find any reviews on this monitor. And I'm surprised at the regular price this monitor holds - 830€! Why would anybody buy such a monitor for 830€ when there's the DP1 and the DP6?? I don't get it...:)
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 04:35 AM   #3
Major Player

The monitor you linked is 800x480. I personally have been unimpressed with every "hd" monitor using those low rez panels. Some of the sonys are amazing for color, and the smallhd is fantastic for focus. I've never seen a "swit" in person, so i cant comment on that particular brand. If it were amazing, i'd expect to have seen rave reviews.... and a higher rez screen. heh.

cheers,
-a
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 05:29 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Dean View Post
If it were amazing, i'd expect to have seen rave reviews....
-a
Yes, those are my thoughts to...
Sanjin Svajger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software