Matrox does not calibrate monitors? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 19th, 2011, 01:30 PM   #16
Matrox

Re: Matrox does not calibrate monitors?

Since Matrox released their 5.0 software, they created a new calibration tool, it's a complete 180 of the blue only calibration tool. It focuses of Gamma levels, hue and chroma as well as black and white levels to insure proper HDMI monitor calibration.
Peter Malko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #17
Major Player

Plus, it has you adjusting the monitor/tv if you can rather than doing it all through software. Images and color seem (subjectively) a bit sharper. Might be a placebo effect, though.
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 12:54 PM   #18
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian David Melnyk View Post
ok. i calibrated my Dell U2410 set in the monitor as:
Input color format> YPbPr
Gamma> PC
Mode selection> Graphics ('Video' would not give me the Preset Mode> 'Custom Color' RGB slider controls, just Hue and Saturation)
connected through Mini>HDMI

i used the Matrox Mini calibration tool with chroma turned to zero to calibrate the brightness and then contrast using the Matrox HD bars in a FCP timeline.
then i set the chroma back to 50.
then went to the Dell's Color Settings>Preset Mode>Custom Color>Gain and turned both R and G to Zero. with this 'Blue Only' i calibrated the chroma and Hue with the Mini's calibration.
Hi Brian,

I've been hunting around for some help with calibrating a Dell U2410 Monitor with Matrox MXO2 Mini MAX. It seems from your posts that you've managed to get it working?

I'm using Media Composer 5.5.3 and mtxutils.exe 5.5.2 (recommended by Matrox).

I'm using sRGB Preset at 50 Brightness, 50 Contrast (default) and 1:1 Display.

During calibration, all goes fine - I make adjustments using the software's sliders (I don't use the Dell's sliders because that makes it difficult to see the screen, since there's no remote control). When I get to the Chroma/Hue page, I choose 'Image Not Scaled'. All bars A, B, C and D are perfectly gray.

The adjustment stage here is completely confusing for me, because if I adjust a slider I never get anything that is 'gray' or 'neutral'.

Whatever final adjustment I decide on (including leaving Chroma and Hue at 0 - all gray) reaults in a picture in Media Composer that is off colour - too blue, too green, washed out, etc.

Matrox support have suggested I get Blue Filter Glasses for the Chroma/Hue stage and try the 'Image Scaled/Plasma' page. I'm currently waiting for the glasses to be delivered.

ANY help regarding correct settings/procedure would be greatly appreciated.

Seamus
Seamus Byrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 01:45 PM   #19
Major Player

Seamus, look at the posting dates. It's been a few years since this thread was active. Hopefully Brian is still participating here and might respond. But you never know.
Bruce Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2014, 03:45 PM   #20
Major Player

Yeah, I just tried to calibrate a HP LP2475w with the Matrox Calibrator and driver for FCP 10.1.1

Sort of came out a mess.
Jonathan Levin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software