Playflow not workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old February 3rd, 2011, 12:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Playflow not workflow

I am looking at ways to play my completed projects on friends and neighbors HDTVs and naturally I want to present my stuff in the best possible manner. Most of my projects are shot using an EX1 camera and edited using Vegas Pro 10 then rendered as 1080 30p 35 Mbps (or similar). So to display these projects I can plug my laptop into an HDTV using an HDMI or DVI interface and Bob’s your uncle, but the thing is I don’t have a laptop and lugging my desktop around the place is not practical.

I came across a device, WD TV Live Hub costing $200.00 US (way less than a laptop) and seems it just might do the trick. Anyone know about this device, or any other suggestions?

Many thanks

John
John McCully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Major Player

There's a lot of these devices now, some for as little as $100. they're made by WD, Buffalo, Seagate, La Cie, and many others. Try to find one that supports play lists. Also, check the specs to see what formats & codecs they support. I doubt that any of them will support XDCam, but most support h.264 in some way.
Arnie Schlissel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software