Wireless monitor setup? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 1st, 2011, 06:58 PM   #1
Major Player

Wireless monitor setup?

Hi all,

looking for recommendations for a wireless monitoring system, for a reality show, run and gun type setup, where the camera op's signal will be wirelessly sent to a field monitor on location for viewing by Director/Producer's.

I have looked at the Teradek products and that is one possibility.. looking for any other options?.

We already have cameras, and field monitors just want to explore any wireless options out there..

Thanks so much
Old March 6th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Wireless monitor setup?

Transvideo Titan has several options. Also, the IDX camwave is a bombproof system, but needs a bombproof wallet, bombproof batteries and bombproof shoulder for the extra weight.
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #3
Major Player

Hello,

Thanks for responding.!! I will check out both of those suggestions..

Mike
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #4
Wrangler

My experience with the IDX system was less than bombproof. At least in terms of operation. It can be very quirky; sometimes it works great, other times it won't transmit a few feet away. I have heard that there has been a board-level overhaul but I haven't heard it that has fixed the issues.

I'm currently using the Boxx Meridien system which makes the IDX look inexpensive, however they are coming out with a lower cost version as well (not nearly as cheap as the Teradek).

If you can deal with an SD signal, there are a number of legacy products out there that are quite inexpensive. Check supercircuits.com.
Old April 18th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #5
Major Player

I, too, am looking at a wireless monitoring system for an HDMI from my T2i or 7D. I've looked online at some consumer wireless devices with ranges of about 30 yards from Asus and Brite-View but need to figure out power-in options to the transmitters. The Asus takes a 5VDC input via mini-USB and the Brite-View takes the same power but with a round power plug. They both use the AMIMON chip and supposedly stream a full HD signal with very little latency. Both are also in the $200.00 range for a XMIT/RCVR set.

Has anyone used these, or similar systems, and if so, what are y'alls thoughts
Bob Krieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I have a set of Transvideo Titan's for sale. if interested email me at

danno3655@comcast.net

Dano
Dano Motley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:02 AM   #7
Sponsor: Camera Motion Research

Regarding the Brite-View and Asus products you might want to have a look at this thread elswhere in the Dvinfo forum...

.http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/stabiliz...d-options.html

Rich Greb
Rich Greb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software