Lilliput Sunshade Mystery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Lilliput Sunshade Mystery

I received my pair of Lilliput 70NP's today and can't for the life of me figure out how the sunshade attaches to the monitor!

There's velcro all around (the sunshade) and pair of straps, but they come folded what appear to be inside-out and no means to really stick it to the monitor.

If worse comes to worse, I'll just cut off the straps, put velcro on the monitor and that will have to do.

Has anyone figured these out?
Good thing they were free.
Old March 26th, 2011, 04:55 AM   #2
Slash Rules!

Re: Lilliput Sunshade Mystery

Ditto. I went to the art supply store, got some regular velcro, cut into thin strips, and attached the way a logical human from our planet would.

Also don't understand how the batteries are supposed to attach. There's a screw on the battery, and slot on the monitor, but nothing to screw into? I got the industrial grade velcro (hard plastic stuff) to solve this problem.

Maybe Lilliput monitors are really a covert form of psychological experimentation. Are we being tested? Did we pass?
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I take it you got the Sony 970 battery adapter...

That had me stumped for a couple of hours.

The angled bracket is the key...
That slides into the slot in the back of the battery adapter (note the little bearing in the slot) and bolts to the underside of the monitor via the 1/4-20 connection and holds it in the correct centered position. (now say ohhhhh.)

I have two of these monitors and will experiment with both the angled bracket and the Velcro version. Unless I can store it with the arm attached, I have a feeling Velcro will win.

Now add comments from the rest of the million typing monkeys and we'll get it.
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #4
Slash Rules!

I shoulda mentioned, I got the Lilliput 669B, and whatever battery they offer directly from the accessory page on there.

You're saying battery screws into bottom of monitor? Okay, but what if I want to use hotshoe?
Old March 26th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Here's a look at the back of the battery mount I have.
It mounts to the hole below the monitor.
Attached Thumbnails
Lilliput Sunshade Mystery-batterymount.jpg  
Old March 26th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass View Post
Ditto. I went to the art supply store, got some regular velcro, cut into thin strips, and attached the way a logical human from our planet would.

Also don't understand how the batteries are supposed to attach. There's a screw on the battery, and slot on the monitor, but nothing to screw into? I got the industrial grade velcro (hard plastic stuff) to solve this problem.

Maybe Lilliput monitors are really a covert form of psychological experimentation. Are we being tested? Did we pass?
Ditto on both the sunshade and battery. I got some stick on velcro and stuck the battery on the back of the monitor. It works pretty good.

The sunshade is sitting in the box. I tried a few times, but really if I need one in the summer I'll probably use some black cardboard and black tape to stick it on.
Old March 28th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #7
Slash Rules!

Got another question. . .what's the deal with charging the batteries? I have three things with plugs on the end and protuberances on the other end that fit in the protuberance hole on the batteries. All three plug things say "switching adapter", but two are identical and one is different. Only difference is that two say 12v---1500ma the other is 12v----1200ma. I assumed these were both for charging the batteries and for powering the monitor directly via AC if you so choose.

However I left both batteries charging overnight recently and one seemed to die awfully quick the next day. Neither one ever reads as fully charged according to the green lights on the side. . .I get two out of three green lights even after it's been "charging" for a long time. I mean like a 12 hours long time.
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Here's a quick of some of the features of the Lillyput NP70...
Thanks to Josh Bass for his calibration settings. They're pretty good!
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-vid...adventure.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software