hot shoe mounted monitor keeps falling off at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 18th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #1
Major Player

hot shoe mounted monitor keeps falling off

anyone have this problem? it has a small knob that tightens it to the hot shoe, but it keeps loosening and falling off. any solutions/hot shoe locks??
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #2
DVCreators.Net

Re: hot shoe mounted monitor keeps falling off

I've had quite a few of the "cheap" models precariously leave my monitor dangling. Especially with the big batteries. It's scary. The ones that we use now are a model made by Manfrotto. The model is the 492 DVeStore - Search Results for "492" These tighten nicely.

You may also want to consider a Noga arm if your monitor has a top thread. I've found that mounting from the top seems to distribute the weight easier when run-n-gunnin'. IKAN has some inexpensive arms http://ikancorp.com/productInfo.php?id=58, and Zacuto has some really nice ones, although a bit more. http://www.zacuto.com/

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software