DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The View: Video Display Hardware and Software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/)
-   -   panasonic tft monitor TC-7WMS1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/4949-panasonic-tft-monitor-tc-7wms1.html)

George Goltz November 15th, 2002 08:44 AM

panasonic tft monitor TC-7WMS1

does anyone have any feedback on this monitor,
specs sound ok, but how does it perform?

Ken Tanaka November 15th, 2002 10:42 PM

George,
It's pricey but an outstanding small lcd monitor. Very high resolution (makes other smal lcd's look like doggy doo-doo) and excellent color reproduction makes it an excellent choice for a lightweight field monitor. Also, it shows you the full 720x480 frame being recorded to tape, something that neither the GL2 nor XL1s viewfinders can do (except for the XL1s' b&w viewfinder).

Getting the monitor from NebTek will enable you to take advantage of their power-adapter modification which enables you to use BP series batteries (same batteries as the GL2 and XL1s) to power the monitor. Otherwise you'll need to use the a/c adapter or a 12v battery.

If your budget can swing it, I highly recommend this lcd monitor. It's probably the best of its class, period. I love mine.

Guy Pringle November 16th, 2002 03:14 PM

Ken,
I have the Nebtek 50, the 5" monitor. I bought it from ZGC because I had such good service from Chris before and she told me that there was no comparison to all others, especially the Varizoom monitor which I was interested in. However, I am very disappointed in my monitor. I don't know if I have a bum one or not, but it doesn't work great outdoors in bright light. I always have the brightness cranked to the max, and I have to shade it. Chris said it would never need a sunshade because it is so bright, but alas mine ain't so. And unless you are looking at it at exactly the right angle, you get that horrible grey ghosting effect and you cannot see the picture.

Does this sound like mines dodgy or is that what is to be expected of a $410 monitor, keeping in mind I've always worked with a professional 9" Sony field monitor in the past.

Ken Tanaka November 16th, 2002 10:53 PM

Guy,
Sorry to hear about your trouble, but you're not talking about the same monitor as this thread. The Panny here is a 7" 16:9 wide hi-res lcd running around US$750-$800 fully equipped.

Guy Pringle November 17th, 2002 07:53 PM

Ken and George,

Sorry for jumping in on your post, it's just that I was under the impression that the Nebtek 50 was the 5" version of the one you're discussing.

Ken Tanaka November 17th, 2002 09:39 PM

No, it's a different unit and manufacturer altogether.

Still, your monitor does have a good reputation for brightness (at 240 NIT's) and sharpness. You might have gotten a stinker.

George Goltz November 19th, 2002 08:58 AM

Thank you for your imput