External Monitor Headache at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM   #1
Major Player

External Monitor Headache

I received my LILLIPUT HD70HP 7" monitor today! Great little monitor that even works for critical focus but sucks for the 5DII & 60D because as soon as you press record the image is squashed and pretty much useless. Personally I would only recommend the use of this monitor for the Sony EX1 & 7D.

I have been playing with the monitor all day and now I have a killer headache! Has anyone else experienced these symptoms from using an external monitor? I usually get air sick when flying & this feels very similar after just 10 minutes of use I started feeling a little sick even a friend of mine experienced the same symptoms, rather annoying as I've always wanted an external monitor. I think they design on camera monitors 4" & smaller for a reason?
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: External Monitor Headache

I use mine with my EX1 and T2i and although the EX1 is easier to focus than the squashed T2i image, the monitor will not be a source of your headache.
My guess is you're probably farsighted (as I am) causing eye strain and would highly recommend professional vision care.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:40 PM   #3
Major Player

Rusty you might be right I am slightly farsighted & I do have spectacles for when I edit or read but for filming/life I don't wear them as it's not a big issue, very possibly the reason for my headaches. Not looking at the 7" monitor while doing snap zooms also seem to help.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM   #4
Slash Rules!

REgarding the squish with these monitors. . .set it for 4:3 mode. It's in the options somewhere. Yes, you'll lose real estate, but it'll stay consistent between not recording and recording.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software