problems with my small hd monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old July 13th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

problems with my small hd monitor

Hello
When using my small hd monitor the image is very unstable when panning. A company representitive told me i needed to mount the monitor upside down and then use the flip display feature in the menue. Seems very strange to me. Has anyone experienced this with their monitor or been given these instructions from the company? Also flipping the monitor does not totally eliminate the problem.
Thanks Aldo
Aldo Visaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: problems with my small hd monitor

1) Which SmallHD monitor?

2) How and what is it attached to for viewing?

3) What type of connection are you using?

4) What do you mean by "unstable"?

4) Can you record a demonstration and post it?
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #3
Regular Crew

1) DP6-SLR 5.6"
2) attached to a sony EX1 via the component cable/ sony NEX FS100 via HDMI
3) component and or HDMI
4) the picture skews when panning or tilting and then stabilizes when the camera stops moving
4) no i cannot record this it is the monitor that is skewing not the recorded video

My biggest issue here is the Small HD Company were not surprised of the problem ( as I purchased directly ). Their advice was turn it upside down and do a flip in the menue display. That does work but doesn't fix the skewing problem totally. That is why I'm asking if anyone else has experienced this problem.
Many Thanks, Aldo
Aldo Visaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #4
Major Player

Interesting.
I received my DP6 just at the end of last week.
I was playing with it atop my Canon HV20 using the hot shot/swivel ball adaptor connected via the component port.
My tripod was a Induro A214 with a Manfrotto 701RC2 head.
When I was doing pan and tilts I did not experience any of the symptoms you describe.
I will be going to the local zoo tomorrow and taking my Canon XH-A1 and the DP6.
I will be using a Vinten Vision Blue tripod, swivel ball adaptor and component connector.
I will let you know if I experience any anomalies.
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Ed... I suspect I received a faulty unit and the manufacturer feels turning it upside down is acceptable... which it is not. I also have an HV20 and will give that a try.
A
Aldo Visaggio is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software