Alternative batteries for SmallHD DP1x? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Alternative batteries for SmallHD DP1x?

The batteries that came with my DP1x are dying, and I need to find replacements. I'm in the UK so the SmallHD ones with shipping added on work out quite costly. And I have to say I'm not impressed with batteries that last only a year of light use.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Mark
Mark Morreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:22 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Alternative batteries for SmallHD DP1x?

If you aren't looking for on-monitor batteries, i've been very happy with the tekkeon 3450 battery with 3450-i extender. its big compared to the monitor, but has tons of life and a built in smart charger so basically any pc laptop power supply can charge them. I use them when i have long shoots on a jib or long shoots in the wild. Work great.
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2011, 01:33 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Morreau View Post
The batteries that came with my DP1x are dying, and I need to find replacements. I'm in the UK so the SmallHD ones with shipping added on work out quite costly. And I have to say I'm not impressed with batteries that last only a year of light use.
Tekkeon is a good choice, just make sure you are working with 12V only and Center Pin is Positive. See our FAQ for more details.

Also, we have had very few complaints, since we switched battery manufacturers. However, I do understand the shipping issue.

-reed
Old August 11th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks, Andrew and Reed for your replies.

Reed, the issue with one of my batteries is that it's lost its mind: when I go to charge it up the light is immediately green, and it charges no further, even if left overnight. Unfortunately it does not actually seem to have any charge. I notice that my batteries (bought from you exactly 53 weeks ago) don't look like the ones on your website: mine has no on/off switch. Would these be "old" batteries, or "new" ones.

Cheers

Mark
Mark Morreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #5
Major Player

thats the older style battery, with the usb shaped charger? I don't know if its warrantied or not, but its worth creating a support ticket with smallhd and see how they respond officially. They've been really good in all my experiences and if yours happens to be one of the problem batteries, i'm sure they'll do something for you.
Andrew Dean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software