best rendering for Samsung PN50B850 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #1
Tourist

best rendering for Samsung PN50B850

Hi. First post here and new to video so if wrong forum please advise
I use Vegas movie studio HD Platinum to edit my clips and have not found the optimal output format for saving to my harddrive for playing via USB on the Samsung TV PN50B850. The best I have found so far is Sony AVC/MVC, HD 1920X1080 50p in the mp4 container. I tried the same in 60p but after about ten seconds the audio cuts out. In the 50p versions the video is slightly choppy, for instance flowing water does not flow smoothly.
Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thomas
Thomas Boysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: best rendering for Samsung PN50B850

For the Sony AVC encoder, set the rendering bit rate to 16, or no more than 18 mbps. Render your video (AVC) and audio separately, as elementary streams. Use the Dolby AC3 codec for 5.1 surround if you have it, otherwise mpeg-1 layer 2. Use TSmuxeR 1.10.6 (a free download) to remux the video and audio elementary streams into a TS file (transport stream container). Play that file on your HDTV/media player. In lieu of the Sony AVC encoder for the video, you can substitute the installed Main Concept mpeg-2 encoder at 25-35 mbps CBR in the same work flow as above with about the same quality, probably less choppy if you're still having problems.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software