need help with streaming at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old December 3rd, 2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Regular Crew

need help with streaming

I need to be able to stream a meeting. It will have a complex set up, but for now I cant even get to that point.I can easily do it with my web cam, but I need to use my DVX 100b. Im using a Creative video blaster to convert. Ive tried Ustream, Ustream does not see it nor does Ustream Broadcaster. Widows Video Encoder 9 Sees the box but still wont let video thru, same results with expressions 4. They both show the USB AV Codecs but I dont see any input. The laptop doesnt have firewire. Also with this cam, can I send video out of the firewire and RCA simultaneously?...Thanks in advance........Shaun
Shaun Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 04:24 AM   #2
Equal Opportunity Offender

Re: need help with streaming

Hi Shaun,

Bypass the Creative VideoBlaster card.

Use a firewire cable to take the signal from your camera in to the computer, and then use UStream or similar to do the webcast. Buy a firewire adapter for your computer if it doesn't have one yet.

Do it this way and keep it simple, and hopefully it should work very well for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software