DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The View: Video Display Hardware and Software (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/)
-   -   669GL-70NPCH Replacement Battery? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/view-video-display-hardware-software/504478-669gl-70npch-replacement-battery.html)

Brian Maurer January 17th, 2012 02:57 PM

669GL-70NPCH Replacement Battery?

Hello All -

Some time ago, I purchased the Lilliput 669GL-70NPCH. It came with two batteries. One has been performing just fine; the other won't hold a charge at all, and in fact, gives me error flashing when I try to charge it. I've searched around and have only been able to find one place that sells the exact same thing, on Amazon, by searching Pinecom YSD-12180. Rightly so, as mine died without ever being able to hold a charge, it has one review warning about how terrible it is. I'm wondering what alternatives there are to replace the battery pack for this monitor. I've been looking around, but I'm not sure which to use, and when I search for batteries for the lilliput, none of them look similar, and some even have different cables for attaching to the monitor. Any help would always be greatly appreciated.

From the battery:

Input: 12 6 VDC
Output: 12. 6-10 8VDC 1800mAh

I'm not even sure that's what I need.

Bob Krieger January 19th, 2012 08:39 AM

Re: 669GL-70NPCH Replacement Battery?

IIRC, the Lilliput is the same or very similar to the Jag35 monitor (and others like it.) I don't use the battery that came with it, but went another route.
I had a plethora of Sony NP-970 batteries laying about and wanted to use them for everything. I looked online and bought an IKAN Sony battery adapter. (AC-107S, I think..) It plugged right into the monitor and was easy to Velcro to the back. The batteries lasted a while for me, actual times, I don't know... The Sony style generic batteries are relatively inexpensive. You might look at that as an option.

P.S., BTW I did the same exact thing for my Sign Video ENG-44 mixer. Works like a champ and I can easily mix and match batteries.

Harry Simpson April 2nd, 2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Maurer (Post 1709987)
I purchased the Lilliput 669GL-70NPCH.

Hi Brian,

I've got the same exact monitor. It's worked great until some wierdness Sat night where the Brightness would turn itself up by itself.

It's great to find someone else that own's this monitor! You charge the battery with the battery turned on correct? Will the light turn green when completely charged?

Anyway I'd love to find a replacement battery too since I'm SOL if this one bites it.

so lurking....

Jim Newberry July 2nd, 2012 11:31 PM

I just bought a 669GL-70NP/Y. It comes with a big, heavy 12V DC battery that's over 6" long. I've seen some Lilliputs that take Canon or other small batteries. Does anyone know if I can there's an adapter available for my Lilliput model that will take a smaller battery?

This is the model I have--if you click on the 4th photo you can see the battery I'm talking about.

Jim Newberry July 3rd, 2012 11:46 PM

Ah, it looks like I found it:

MG1 Concepts LP-E6 Battery Plate
CANON LP-E6 Battery Plate [CANON LP-E6 Plate] - US$12.00 : COOLLCD.com

David Gillespie September 17th, 2012 02:22 PM

What about this? I just got the same monitor and was going to use this as back-up.