Cineroid EVF with retina display - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old February 12th, 2015, 10:55 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Cineroid EVF with retina display

More importantly now though is that the iPhone 4S screen raises a support question re availability. I haven't 100% verified this yet but have just heard the drum from another camera op yesterday that he has been told that the Retina screen out of the 2012 iPhone 4S, the one we currently have in the Alphatron 35W and that is used in the Cineroid is getting in short supply. Three years is a long time in the phone technology market for spare parts he was told. One of the major Alphatron dealers advised him that if he wants to keep his Alphatron for a decent amount of time that it may be advisable for him to buy a spare screen just in case while they are still available. I will be checking this out tomorrow because if that is the case I will get one as a spare. I think he said they were about $115 which isn't too bad. Dread to think how much the OLED is in the new Zacuto Graticule is to replace.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software