Color Graded Monitor - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old October 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #31
Major Player

Re: Color Graded Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Pinto View Post
Thats why I am puzzled ... what monitors do pro's use for Video Grading !
Pros use production monitors. Not computer monitors. Production monitors. They come from the usual suspects -- Panasonic, JVC, Sony, etc. and companies you've never heard of like Flanders Scientific, Marshal Electronics, Ikegami, etc. They have tighter requirements than TVs and computer monitors, and they are made in lower volumes, therefore they cost more. But in this case, you usually get what you pay for.
Bruce Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
Pros use production monitors. Not computer monitors. Production monitors. They come from the usual suspects -- Panasonic, JVC, Sony, etc. and companies you've never heard of like Flanders Scientific, Marshal Electronics, Ikegami, etc. They have tighter requirements than TVs and computer monitors, and they are made in lower volumes, therefore they cost more. But in this case, you usually get what you pay for.
In tyhe B&H link you gave does incudes this one : Production & Display Monitors | B&H Photo Video

BTW whats wrong with this one : ColorEdge CG276 | EIZO

Would TVLogic's be good too http://www.tvlogicusa.com/product/pr...model=XVM-175W
Roger Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Quote:
In tyhe B&H link you gave does incudes this one : Production & Display Monitors | B&H Photo Video
That is a good monitor for a different kind of production. Its strengths aren't going to be video production. It is first and foremost a monitor for the production of graphic arts. It lacks the tools and features of a video production monitor.
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Would TVLogic's be good too TVLogic ? 17" 1920x1080 Color Critical Grade 1 LCD monitor
Roger Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #35
Inner Circle

Quote:
Now that is a step in the right direction.
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #36
Trustee

Have you guys tried this one?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/824133-REG/Blackmagic_Design_HDL_SMTVHD_SmartView_HD.html
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #37
Slash Rules!

They say you want a 10-bit monitor. That appears to be 6-bit. Maybe a good field monitor though.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #38
Inner Circle

Getting back to this thread for input prior to a purchase. I really like the Flanders but only the LM-2461W is 10 bit all the others are 8 bit. And the Sony OLED I am told need calibrating often. Flanders does not need calibration from all the info I have read and videos viewed, you send it back and they calibrate once every couple of years. Would be nice to spend a little less since the card is also $1500 on top of the monitor. So options welcome?

There are a few card options. Which do you think from experience using them works best to get SDI 10 bit from my Mac Pro?

Plan on making this purchase before the end of the year and just want to not feel I missed any options.

Edit: My mistake, the Flanders also has a 17" that is 10 bit and from what I am reading is very very good. Now to talk with Flanders.

Last edited by Paul Cronin; November 27th, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
Paul Cronin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software