Live multi- monitor setup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old September 16th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #1
Tourist

Live multi- monitor setup

Hello,
Relatively new to the list here..

I'm looking for an effective/ affordable way to monitor up to 4 cameras for a live concert shoot or similar situation.
I have no need to cut the footage live, but just to monitor and direct cameramen from my booth.

I know I could get 4 cheap monitors, but I've heard mention of being able to use one monitor and divy up the screen to reveal each camera.I assume this requires sme sort of mixer, and maybe some software?

Anybody know what it takes to pull this off?

thanks, your help is appreciated,
JB
Jon Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #2
Inner Circle

A videonics MX-1 might be able to split 4 feeds into one monitor. I really forget.

It does have a preview which shows a four-up, but the video is reeeally small.

A videomics MX-1 is the cheapest mixer you can get and it is discontinued and retailed for $1kUSD. Ebay value might run around $500, although eBay might be sketchy.
The Panasonic MX50 is another good mixer, but more expensive. I forget what the preview does.

Maybe you can get a set of monitors for a low-price. At the pro level, there are monitors with pass-through so you can loop-through the signal through the monitors to a mixer (or a bunch of decks).
There are rack-mount sets of B&W monitors. B&W delivers better resolution than color monitors, and I believe they're cheaper.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software