Help Which 20" HDTV for my use??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old January 5th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #1
Tourist

Help Which 20" HDTV for my use???

Sorry to ask this but im seriously interested in buying an hdtv for my dorm room since i recently got my hands on an xbox 360. I am looking for a 20 - 23 inch HDTV for use as a tv and an over sized monitor meaning it has to have pc input on the back. Also i am trying to find one for a cheap price. Take into mind it will cost about $100 to ship it to the island i live on. I am trying to find one for around 500 - 700 ONCE its been shipped here. Can anyone please let me know of any decent hdtv's out there.
PLEASE help me out.
Thanks alot
Brett
Brett Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 03:14 AM   #2
Regular Crew

a dual use computer monitor and video devoce for an xbox is a tough call. if i remember correctly the xbox only outputs through component connections, and a computer will be via DVI.

the only thing that definately would be useful in both situations is the dell 2405fpw or the samsung 930mp. the 930mp is just under your price break, but is a 19" tv/computer monitor, with remote and all that for ~600+s/h. the dell doesnt come with any bells and whistles, but its plenty large to be seen across the room (or at the foot of your bed ;) ). unfortunately the base price is out of your range, but their are some massive coupns to be had. i got mine delivered for $750 a few months ago.

just 2 options.
Jeffrey Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2006, 11:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Dual use panels

You might consider the Gateway 21" FPD2185W for $599. I have a pair working well: one connected DVI at 1680x1050 for computer display and one connected (usually) with component HD for HDTV monitoring out of PremierePro. You could have one with the DVI or VGA cord to the computer and component to your cable box or whatever (run cable box out and into computers speakers). There is no ATSC tuner. You select input (VGA, DVI, composite, Svideo, ComponentHD) via a button on the side. It has HDCP for showing copy protected movies which will soon be essential if playing movies with Microsoft Vista.

Last edited by Don Blish; January 13th, 2006 at 11:55 AM.
Don Blish is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software