True Wireless S video needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 6th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

True Wireless S video needed

Hey guys I am looking to get a setup that would replace an S video cable with a wireless setup for monitoring. I have used setups that work wireless for s video but require power. I need a transmitter that can run off batteries or phantom power. Any wires coming off me to somewhere else are bad but a something on my body to camera would be ok. What are some of my option and how much am I looking to spend? I really need wireless with my steady cam and wires mess up to many of my shots already.
Kyle Fasanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2006, 12:07 AM   #2
Wrangler

Wireless video is composite by nature. That's it. All the components of a video signal (luminance, chroma, carrier) are rolled up into one fruit-roll-up of a RF signal and transmitted. Transmitting the components of a video signal seperately (luminance seperate from chroma) would imply two transmitters. Unless there's some digital component system I'm not aware of....

That said, some are better than others. A lot of Steadi ops use Modulus transmitters. About $1000 for Tx and Rx pair if I remember right.
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #3
Trustee

I have seen VGA wireless, convert your S-video to VGA then send it with one of the units on the market
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 05:16 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Guys question/comments on the same topic.

I bought a 2.4 ghz TX/Rec system from a fairly popular video equip reseller (won't mention name - not a sponsor :)) and while the camera was "still" (not in motion) it was fine - but as soon as you turn it - bang signal loss.
It was only about $400 - needed it for a wedding actually to project to screens. Distance from Tx/Rx was about 30 feet line of sight.

Nate - I assume the modulus being a pro unit holds the signal well but then again the camera and monitor for a steadicam is within feet of each other.

I assume for long distance stable signal you need to go to microwave ?

Cheers
Paul
Paul Dhadialla is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software