Lilliput LCD report - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:25 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ball
I just pulled it out an checked. The image definitely does not auto flip back to normal when the unit is upside down. Of course all the camera readouts are upside down and left/right are reversed.
Thanks a lot, thats great news.

It will probably be a while till a magic screen comes out that will allow you to flip everything but the camera readouts ;-)
Thomas Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2006, 06:45 AM   #17
Major Player

As I noted in my first post I bought it from ex-audio.com. I believe I paid with Paypal and there were absolutely no irregularities with the transaction. I paid about $48 shipping to US. Shiping is high to US because they fedex it from Hong Kong. Perhaps your higher number reflects import duties as well.
Bill Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:01 AM   #18
Tourist

Lilliput Power Options

Thank you for the great review. I am considering picking up a Lilliput as well. I was also considering a Nebtek though this resolution is obviously better on the Lilliput. Do you think the Nebtek battery adapter would work on this Lilliput?

http://www.nebtek.com/proddetail.php?prod=LIBA

That may be a way to go. Also when shooting 4:3 does the Lilliput auto-adjust and place black bars on the sides, can the user change the setting, or does it stretch? Thanks again!
Mike Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #19
Major Player

I checked my Lilliput. Although there is a menu button to change to a 4:3 ratio, and it is in the manual, I could not get it to work. 4:3 material was displayed full screen. Maybe this is not an option on the model I bought. I dont know. I only shoot 16:9.

I certainly would not waste money on a monitor with lower resolution. You wont get any better results that with your camera's lcd.

I guess the DC adapter would work. You might have to change the plug to one of the right diameter. Easy to pick one up at Radio Shack or similar electronics parts place.
Bill Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #20
Major Player

ex-audio.com

I bought the lilliput 7" monitor from them and have found that while they might have shipped a unit quickly to the US, they do not seem to be responding on delivery to Japan! They don't answer their phones in Hong Kong and they don't respond to e-mails. I'd buy something way ahead of time with this outfit and hope all goes well if you want something. It's a bummer as I have a field shoot starting next Tues.
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software