What is the smallest 1080i/p monitor these days? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 26th, 2006, 04:29 AM   #1
Tourist

What is the smallest 1080i/p monitor these days?

I have been trying to research the latest HD monitors to find suitable reference monitors for post production at the studio, as well as field monitors to view live action from an XL H1. Since the resolution on the H1 is not quite 1080i (1440x1080, i believe), I figure using 1920x1200 capable monitors would be the best solution. I've read/heard good things about the Sony SDM-234/B, but at 23" it's not very portable for location shoots. Has anyone seen 1080i monitors in a smaller format?
Joey Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Champion
Has anyone seen 1080i monitors in a smaller format?
Hey Joey - have you had a look at the Sony LMD9050 (Marshall have some nice kit coming out this month too) we use this 8.4" monitor with our JVC HD101 and the picture quality is really very good. If you are after quality then this product is well worth a look.

Regards: Stu...
www.studioscotland.co.uk
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 06:07 AM   #3
Trustee

joey it also depends on whether you really want to view a full 1920x1080 frame. if that's the case 24" is going to be the smallest you find, however if you can deal with a scaled down viewing area the marshal 7" is good, the lmd9050 is good etc.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software