HD Field Monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old July 13th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HD Field Monitor

I have read many of the threads in this forum, none really answer my question definately.
I have an XL-H1, need to monitor in the field. The Marshall products and alike are out of the question right now due to price. So I guess I am hoping for the best quality monitor in the 400-500 range. I just wish someone made a 10" consumer HDTV that could take component in.
Anyway, your experience/thoughts are very much appreciated.
Brian Critchlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I'm in the same boat. I know some hd100 owners are reporting satisfactory results using a laptop and hdv rack from serious magic. I'm looking into it, jury still out.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2006, 05:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

yeah, Im really hoping to carry around something a little more compact then that.
Old July 18th, 2006, 04:25 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Critchlow
yeah, Im really hoping to carry around something a little more compact then that.
you want something more compact than a laptop?
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #5
Regular Crew

yeah, Im really looking for something like a marshall, but not as bloody expensive. I have yet to test a high rez LCD SD monitor to see if it would work well enough for me.

a 10 or 13" LCD HDTV with RGB inputs would be PERFECT, but I think the smallest is a 15" that samsung doesnt make anymore, maybe something will come out in the automotive market sometime soon. then it would even run on a 12v batt.
Old July 21st, 2006, 06:22 PM   #6
Regular Crew

on-board HD LCD

I have built a system- the details are described in another post here:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=70725
Chris Hurd was going to post the pictures I sent him but has yet to do so. Maybe if you bug him or you can send me an e-mail at; morpheusfilm@hotmail.com and I'll send some pictures. I think I can build them for between $800-900 bucks. It's a bit more than you expressed you wanted to pay but still at least $400 cheaper than the cheapest Marshall.
Keith Gruchala is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software