Digital to Analog at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old December 17th, 2006, 12:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Digital to Analog

Hello everyone,

I have a Mac book Pro with FCP on it. I have a JVC industrial monitor. I would like to color correct my footage. I got a Canopus converter and hooked up my computer to it from one side and hoping I will be able to view the footage on the Industrial monitor to the other side. But for some reason I don't see anything on the external monitor. Is there a kind of configuration in FCP I need to modify or on the external monitor?

Please help.
Gilbert Khoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 08:23 AM   #2
Trustee

I know zip about FCP but most converter boxes need to be told which way around you want them to work. In your case you need to select Digital as the input. There must be something in FCP to tell it to output video down the 1394 (firewire) port. The manual / online help should cover this basic stuff.
Also most of the Canopus converter boxes have analogue inputs and outputs, maker certain you're going from the outputs to the monitor.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you Bob for the tip I will check the configuration and manual. I will let you know shortly.
Gilbert Khoury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 09:22 AM   #4
Wrangler

Go to Final Cut Pro menu and choose Audio/Video settings. Under Video Playback choose Apple Firewire NTSC (assuming that's what you have). Then go to View > External Video > All Frames.

Does that work?
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks A Million Boyd!!! It Works Yeah!!!!
Gilbert Khoury is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software