HDCP compliant monitors compatible with Decklink? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old January 31st, 2007, 05:12 PM   #1
Major Player

HDCP compliant monitors compatible with Decklink?

We have pre-ordered the JVC DT-V20L1U monitor but have this one burning question.

Capture cards like Decklink ignore HDCP. I was planning on monitoring via HDMI out of the Decklink Studio card while editing. The JVC monitor is HDCP compliant. Will the monitor display a signal without HDCP?

My thinking was that the monitor would only block the signal if there was a "handshake" but the "keys" didn't match.

Or do I have this wrong?
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:25 PM   #2
Major Player

I just received word from a JVC tech that the monitors display a signal with or without HDPC.

All is good.
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software