1080 psf support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old February 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM   #1
Trustee

1080 psf support

Anyone know of a low cost client preview monitor that supports HD 1080 23.98psf playback?
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Inner Circle

---- double post
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Are you looking for something with HD-SDI in?

Do you have a HDCAM deck with pulldown board to downconvert the signal for you?

2- A possible other approach is to use a HDLink ( http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/hdlink/specs/ ), which will convert the HD-SDI signal to HDMI or DVI (check the specs, you may need DVI to a computer monitor).
*I haven't used it myself.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 03:04 PM   #4
Trustee

I am using the output from a Kona LH card, so I have HD-SDI as well as Analog Component at my disposal.
I'd rather not spend $4K+ for a Pro monitor that will only be used as a client preview monitor. So I am trying to run down a solution for say under $2K.
At this point I have tried a couple of consumer LCD HD TVs, as well as a 24" Gateway HD LCD, but have run into either "out of frequency range, or format not supported" errors.
I just thought someone out there has probably already gone through this, and might have come up with a solution.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Can you change the easy setup to 1080i60? I believe the Aja cards can convert on the fly. (Sorry, working off memory here. Not sitting in front of a Mac.)
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software