HDMI to Composite adapter?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 19th, 2007, 01:17 PM   #1
Major Player

HDMI to Composite adapter??

I am utilizing a remote control heli with a gyro stabilized Pany SD1 with a video downlink. Normally, we output our signal through the component jacks or AV out, but this little cam makes that inconvenient for several reasons. But, it has an HDMI out.

My question is this. Are there any HDMI to component adapters? The transmitter is not compatible with HDMI.

Thanks in advance.
Derek Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Get your converters here...

I'd check either:
http://www.aja.com/
or
http://www.blackmagic.com/

I won't go so far as saying that if they don't have it... you don't need it - because they might not have it and you might need it, but they're the industry standards if there is such a thing.

I'm curious as to how component or composite can be 'inconvenient' compared to increasing your payload with a converter with it's own power requirements.
Jay Fisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Fisk View Post
I'm curious as to how component or composite can be 'inconvenient' compared to increasing your payload with a converter with it's own power requirements.
Because the camera I am using (SD1) has to have the LCD screen open at 90 degrees to the camera to allow access to the component outputs.
Derek Weiss is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software