Advise for studio HDV monitor with nvidia quadro 1500 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 26th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Advise for studio HDV monitor with nvidia quadro 1500

Hi to all. Im making a 10k migration to HDV. The plan is to get a Canon HX A1 and a HV20 as a deck. I already work with SD in Premiere Pro 2.0 and have an Opteron 280 dual core system with an Nvidia Quadro FX 1500 video edition with component out. 2 Benq cheap but decent monitors (models FP91G+, FP71G+ both SXGA with 1280x1024 res)

If possible I want to keep in HDV the workflow im used to in SD. That is, previewing the tapes during capture and editing and also adding the possibility of taking advantage of the component out of my Nvidia (if possible in full 1920x1080 res on a 3rd monitor basically for CC during edition and compositing). So:

1. which are the recommended HD monitors (or HDTV?) for a limited budget as mine (with component input and full 1920x1080 res)?
2. will it be possible to preview my HDV tapes inside Premiere Pro with my actual monitors (capturing via firewire) or i can only do that via component out of the Nvidia?

Im a total newbie in HDV, sorry if i sound a bit lost. Thanks in advance!

Hernan
Hernan Vilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Come on guys, you are all experts!
Hernan Vilchez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software