Pansonic 17" LCD togehter witg HD100?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 18th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pansonic 17" LCD togehter witg HD100??

Has anyone used the the panasonic BT-LH1700w 17" LCD together with JVC HD100. Are they compatible and do they work together well.
I hope someone out there has used this combo and is willing to share :)
Teodor Miljevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #2
Major Player

yes, I've used them and they work great together. The monitor is native 1280x720, so you can more than use it to focus the camera. The monitor itself is fantastic, especially at the price. Very accurate colors, high enough rez even to focus on F/950's etc. It takes virtually all styles of input signal, and has a built-in waveform monitor. If you've got the space for it in the field, there's nothing near it in terms of cost vs. features/performance. The sony monitors are also excellent, but far more expensive. The smaller 9" panny is also exquisite, and perhaps a better bet for run & gun. Same resolution/features/inputs but more expensive and smaller. If you're setting up a video village, the 17" is the one to have. And with the JVC, you can actually monitor everything it puts out.

I don't own a camera, but I do own this monitor, and it's worked with every camera I've come across, and worked VERY well. I used it to compare the XL-H1 and HD-100U, and the next day to shoot a music video on the Varicam, a week later for a DVX shoot. For me, it was the "if I could only have one monitor" monitor. Now I also have the Marshall R70PHDA as a director's handheld, and am planning on getting an astro 6" scope. But again, if you can only afford 1 monitor, and like a large viewing area, this isthe one to get.
Jaron Berman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #3
Major Player

JVC has come out with some exceptional monitors that you may want to look at. The 20 inch version (DT-V20L1U) is about the same cost as the Panny.

Here is a review by a very highly respected individual of the 24 inch...

http://www.dv.com/reviews/reviews_it...leId=196602806
Justin Ferar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 03:09 AM   #4
Regular Crew

thanks guys :)
Teodor Miljevic is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software